Monday, July 26, 2010

Mans Best Friend Turns 12


A man and his dog. What can be better? I don't really know if women have the same bond as a guy does with his dog? I can walk in the back from the garage, right after I walked out the front door and drove my truck around back, and Shasta will come running with the tail wagging all excited to see me. I have been gone all of 90seconds, but still, she gets all excited to see you.

You come back from a day of surfing and who is the first one to see you and happy too, your wife? she might wish your were still out surfing. Your kids? depends how old they are. But your dog will always be happy.

So, today my Rhodesian Ridgeback(Shasta) turned 12(84 in dog years). I decided to give her a birth day dinner. I got a can of solide white albacore tuna and miked it with a cup of her food. A small birthday moment while the rest of the family was in the other room. She finished and looked up asking for more.........


3 comments:

  1. Right on, man. That's a fine looking dog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I feel the same way about my dog. He flips out whenever I come home. My husband says he will hang out in the house quietly when I'm gone. As soon as I come home, it's on. He's jumping, wagging his tail, running to and fro. As you say, my spouse doesn't get that excited when I come home. My kid's excitement pales by comparison. Your dog is gorgeous. Give her a birthday kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you for the kind comments. I am sure Shasta would appreciate them.

    No lets ge some sun filled days and surf!

    ReplyDelete