Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Trestles Rookie First Time....




We all remember our first time. So I thought I would ask Ned about his first time going to Trestles.

Ned,

I want to do a semi interview of your first time impressions of Trestles.
Give me a quick back ground about when you started surfing and why?
I started surfing about 20yrs ago because at that time I just moved from Montana and wanted to try it.

What do you think of the over place( environment, etc)?I like the area around trestles because of the fantastic view of the ocean.

How did you like the walk?The walk was very cool. Seemed to be the way surfers use to do it years ago before parking lots etc.

Was this your first time surfing over cobblestones?First time over cobblestone. Glad I brought my booties. Had some issues walking out with the swell so I just decided to paddle out.

How was the wave?The waves were steep but make able. Figured it out after a few waves on the head.

Would you go back?

Would go back but need to be bettered prepared. Bike with surfboard rack etc.

Would you relocate to the area to surf there if you could?
Yes. If I could live closer yes. 45 min drive for me is not bad. However weekends I would not go.

How does this compare to your usual spot?My local spots is HB cliffs or Bolsa because of the showers. Trestles is much better but can't surf there before work. My locals spots are much more convenient.


As you can tell by the picture, he picked a great day to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment