Monday, May 14, 2012

What's Old is New, wetsuis, DEVO and Me

What’s old can be new again. How true. I took some old wetsuits to M&B Wetsuits in Lakewood and had them altered for summer. I had the sleeves cut off. Now I have a 3/2 short sleeve, 2mm shorter sleeve and a repaired Ripcurl 3/2. These suits have a new lease on life. Speaking of Life, I stepped one year closer to the 50; I made it to 46 on Saturday. So, to Celebrate , I went to see DEVO at the Observatory in OC on Sunday night. What a great show as always. I have seen them a few times in the past few years, true, they are a little older, but they kicked ass as usual. I also got out and surfed the closest place to my house last week, Seal River Jetty. I was fun, I actually caught a shoulder/ head high on from the middle river all the way to Crabs. A good time for sure. I think I will hit it tomorrow. Here is to a injury free 46.

2 comments:

  1. There's an awesome video on YouTube of DEVO singing Mongoloid in France in '78. It's so awesome! (And it looks darn near identical to yours.) I love how people bum out on that song without taking the time to listen to what they are actually singing. Such a great band.

    ReplyDelete
  2. recycling wetsuits rocks! saving for your wallet and for the planet!

    ReplyDelete