Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Swell and the psuedo "Home Break"




There is talk of a good swell coming. I am sure everyone will be on it. There can be a lot of anticipation and planning in the days before the forecasted arrival. What time is high tide? How is the weather? What spot will be best? What time should we go, who can go with you, What board should I ride. I remember a time before "Surfline" and forecasts. You broke out your weather radio, watched the weather report, and rolled the dice. Maybe you scored, maybe you got skunked.

Imagine for moment if all the "surf reports" ran a little experiment, and stopped forecasting for 2 weeks. Just think, you might actually have to roll the dice.

Speaking of rolling the dice, I have kind of turned into a " Home Break" junkie. Yes, being from the LBC, we don't actually get many waves, but I am begining to know when to look for the elusive extremely small swell window that might make it work.
This is the closet place to my house, I could be there in less then 5 minutes. I'll keep you posted if something happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment