Friday, April 15, 2011

Rob Machado, Jon Swift, Brett Dennen at the Troubadour










So, KK and I headed out of the LBC up to Weho. All I can say was I was kind of let down. Jon Swift was great. The opening act Brett Dennen, was good, but 5 mellow acoustic songs, after being inside for an hour was too much. Then Rob finally comes out, has a little raffle and then says the band will set up and they will be out, another 45 minutes and they finally get on stage. The movie was average. I have never been a fan of Taylor Steele and have never unsderstood what all the “hype “ is about, I much prefer a Thomas Campbell, Jack Johnson, Malloy Brothers or Andrew Kidman movie to most of what is produced these days. I think they could have a done a better job at the show, They could have had a surf flick playing from the minute you got inside, a good ½ hour of wipeouts would have been great. All in all, I was happy to get out, I enjoyed the beers and the In-n-Out at midnight on the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment