Friday, February 26, 2010

Bone chip.........Ouch!






So, back on 2/14 I rolled my ankle. I was not doing anything great, like an Air Reverse or a big floater over a big section (like I could anyways?), hell I wasn't even drunk! I was just walking down the 5 steps into my garage and somehow planted my foot wrong, and rolled my ankle.

I finally got around to go to my primary doctor today, since it still hurts. I was sitting in the room after the xray, and I could here them talking outside the hallway(do they not think we can hear them?). I heard them say the word......."CHIP", and i knew they weren't talking about an old episode of "Ponch and John"
So, the lady comes in and gives me the bad news, and all I am thinking is, "this thing better heal fast because I leave for Tortola on the 3/31 for 10days.". They say "just try and lay low, keep the brace on and drink milk, and come back in 3 weeks". Ok......then!


I have an appointment with Dr. Warren Kramer in 2 weeks. (below)( http://www.kramermedical.com/ ), best Ortho around, down in Newport Beach. He did my knee, and my shoulder. Solid guy and he is an ortho for the ASP World Tour.(shameless plug!) So hopefully he will give me some good news.

Long and short of it. I have 4.5 weeks to get this fixed so I can surf.
Once you hit 40, you really have to be careful, some thing as simple as just "walking" , can lay you up for a few weeks.
I have a friend that always says, " The best thing to do is nothing , and just breath".......





No comments:

Post a Comment