Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cayucos Pier

A Friend of mine sent me these pictures from his recent trip up to the Central Coast to Cayucos.


I spent two years of my early surf life up in the central coast. Surfed St. Annes, Morro Rock, Pico Creek, Avila Pier, and Arroyo Laguna on days when the elephant seals were hauled out on the beach. I look back now ,and think how dumb that was, because the "LandLord",aka "Whitey", aka Great White, was most likely out there since they love elephant seals. I remember 1985, paddling out at sunset up at Willow Creek, a beautiful ,yet spooky place. Big boulders and giant bulb kelp. The kelp would bump your feet and legs as they dangled over the side. I thought for sure it was something swimming by me in the water.


One thing I do not miss is the cold water.............









No comments:

Post a Comment