Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Influences




There are certain things that have influences on you when you are young. This is one of those pictures. The way DP looks with his spiked braclet, Converse Hi-tops, shaved head, at a time when you could get beat up for looking like this. He was anti-establishment,anti-authority, rebel, punk!. To me as a young skater that loved punk rock, Duane Peters was, and still is the coolest. I wanted to be just like him! I had this photo up for a long time. I recently bought an original and have it up in my offfice. I think some of that early influece still exists in my life. I still find myself going aginst the grain, turning left, when everyone goes right.

This picture was taken by Ted Terrebone, TBone. He has a cool website of all of his skateboard photos from the 1970's to now.


Check it out.

2 comments: