Monday, April 5, 2010

Less Wind, Less Waves


Well the winds died down a little this morning. I went down to check the waves. I stood on the beach as the "rasta guy" got high about fifty feet from me.


The swell was dropping, you could tell, but there was no one out to actually be able to tell the size. So, I had to go and find out. The water is so warm. I paddled out from the left of the peak. The sets were about 2'-4' with an occasional 5', and I do mean "ocasional".

I got few right out of the gate, and worked the as much as can be worked. I have to say, it was fun.

On a side note, so far all the others guys I have talked to in the lineup are pretty mellow. No aggro ex-pats, or locals. Most of the guys have been coming down here for years, a guy from Jersey has been coming dont since 1992, and another guy for over 30 years. Hell, my first trip here was in 1996, but I have not been coming every year.

The forecast calls for a drop in swell then a pick up at the end of the week. The wind will switch to the east, which will be more side shore, but the mountains will give some protection.

No comments:

Post a Comment