Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Two Drink minimum!


Yes, there is plenty to drink here. Rum is the main drink, Pain Killers and Pina Coladas.
We ventured over the west end for some late afternoon eats and drinks. We sat down and looked out over the harbor. This is a main watering hole for many of the charters. The was one "HUGE" Yatch, just the kind you dream about if you won the lottery. As I was watching, I noticed two guys walking down the gangway with surfboards. The boards were brand new from the local shaper here on the island. They loaded up there dingy and some of the kids from the yatch got on with there boards and they speed of to hit "the spot".

By this time my first 16oz Pina Colada came, then some food, Conch Fritters. I had one more 160z Coladaand took it for the road. As we came back over Zion Hill, the surf actually looked a little fun for a sunset session. I dropped off the family, got my board and went back.

There was one guy out, it was about 2'-4' with some trade wind. Another guy paddled out as I was looking at it.

So, I jumped in and started paddling, but did not feel so good, it was those damn Pina coladas with all that Rum and Coco Lopez mix, I literally thought I was going to puke, I felt so bloated and full.

I grabbed a couple of smalls, because that all there was before a squall hit and went in.

Lesson learned, do not drink two 16oz Pina Coladas before you surf.

No comments:

Post a Comment