Saturday, April 3, 2010

Trade Winds and Choppy Surf


I ran down to do a surf check at "the Spot". This in not a far distance from the place I am staying at. I can wake up and look out the window, but I cant see around a point to see "the spot"


The Trades are still blowing and the forecast is for a building swell. I got in the car for the 2 minute drive to take some pics of the conditions. I cant make my photo stafff ( my wife and son) get up and sit on the beach to watch Dad in the morning.


Two guys were out in the less then stellar conditions. As I was heading back to the car, I bumped into a friend from Delaware,"Jim". I had meet jim on a previous trip to "the spot" over ten years ago. We chatted and he said he was going out. I went back and got my board and paddled out.


I am to surf warm water..... and warm waterblown out surf is better then cold surf.


This pic is some random guy that was out.


Hope the wind stops, because it would be good, about 3'-6'.

No comments:

Post a Comment