Monday, December 27, 2010

Doug Aitken - The Idea of the West





A while back I had a post about an old friend, Artist Doug Aitken. I found his email address and we connected. I sent him a link to "Clean Up Set".

Doug was looking over the posts and found a shot of EP and his Aipa Stinger from the 1970's. The photo was taken by EP's brother, Paul. Doug was working on a book for the Museum of contemporary Art in LA, and was in the final stages getting it ready to print. He sent me an email asking if he could use that picture to include in his book.

I called EP, and he looked high and low for a original copy to scan and send to Doug.

We finally found one, and emailed it to him just in time.

I got home today to find two copies of the book in the mail. I opened it, turned to page 93 to see our boys mug. This is bitter sweet for EP and his family, since his older brother is no longer with us. I wish I had the chance to meet him. I have seen a bunch of his photos, and they are pretty cool. Maybe I can get a few to put up on the blog.

RIP Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment